For people who share a taste for excitement

To Life, Love and Loot
Quick Menu

5 Tips for Online Dating



By  Unknown     19:57    Labels: 
You’ve decided to jump into the world of online dating and could use a few pointers to increase your odds of online dating success.

You’re in luck, because below I list 5 tips for online dating success. You might be wondering what makes me qualified to offer advice about online dating.
The reason I am qualified to give advice is because I was basically on every online dating site known to man and after many failed attempts at finding love, I met my wife online.
I have also helped many others find love online as well.

So without further ado, here are 5 tips for online dating success.
online dating success

Tip #1:

Choose The Right Online Dating Website

There are many online dating websites for you to join.

The key in limiting frustration and failure is to pick the ones that are best suited for you.

  • Are you super busy and don’t have a lot of time to search yourself?
    • Then eHarmony and Chemistry are best for you.
  • Don’t want to spend a lot of money?
    • Then Match might be for you or other free online dating sites.
  • Focused on multicultural such as Thai culture dating, for example?
    • Give ThaiRomances.com a try
This is why I created an in-depth online-dating comparison chart on my blog.By understanding what each site has to offer and knowing what you need, you will better your odds of finding love online.

It helps you to pick the sites that are right for you, saving you both time and money in the process.

Tip #2:

Stand Out

Through all of my time with online dating, the one thing that made me go from zero first dates to many first dates was standing out from the crowd.

I don’t know why so many people put so little effort into their online profiles and pictures but it is alarming. It’s no wonder why so many people leave online dating with a sour taste in their mouth.

Online dating is a numbers game.

If you want to be found, you need to stand out.



Note that good pictures does not mean selfies in the mirror.

Your pictures should tell a story about you.

A mirror selfie tells me you have no time to take finding love seriously.

On the other hand, a picture of you skiing shows me one of your interests, that you enjoy being active, etc.

Taking the time to do these things will increase your chances of online dating success.
Be the Stand-out and not the sheep with dating profiles
Be the Stand-out and not the sheep

Tip #3:

Check Out Others Profiles

I was going to include this in Tip #2, but felt it deserved its own point.

Before you go about writing your own profile, check out the competition.

So guys, check out the profiles of other local guys and girls check out profiles of other girls. You’re not trying to meet them, you are just trying to get ideas for your own profile.

Take notes of the things you like and dislike.

Also take note to the structure and tone of them as well.

Do all of the guys and gals say basically the same thing?

Great, now you know what not to do.

Remember, you want to stand out!


Tip #4:

Make Your Messages Stand Out

Noticing a theme here?

The email message should stand out as well.

Don’t just say, “I like your profile” or “what’s up”. Show the person you actually read their profile and feel that there is some thing that you two have in common from the start.

  • Your email should be a few sentences about their profile.
  • Then a sentence or two about yourself.
  • You can include some innocent flirting, but don’t make it all sexual.
  • You don’t want to come off as a creeper.
  • You want to come off as a genuine, real person that they won’t be afraid to give their phone number to.
When it comes to email subject lines, most people don’t put any effort into the emails they send to potential matches.
Everyone says “Hi” or “Hey” in the subject line of emails.
Doing this will only make you blend in with everyone else.

Make your subject line stand out by telling the reader what your message is about.

If you are commenting on the skiing picture example I used above, then make that the subject.
Have it be “Ever Skied The French Alps?”.

This will definitely stand out.

Tip #5:

Stay Positive

As I mentioned before, online dating is a numbers game.

You are going to have to reach out to a lot of people in order to find those that you have a mutual interest with.

It can be time consuming and frustrating at times.

But you have to stay positive during the entire process.

I gave up many times, only to come back with better pictures and a better profile.

I went on many first dates that never lead to a second date.

Instead of getting mad or upset that I was never going to find love, I took a glass half-full outlook. For every failed date, I was one date closer to finding the love of my life, which I ended up finding.

Had I given up, who knows if I would have ever found her.

About Unknown

* Engineers with an imagination to forgo the ethical thoughts of society and who view life prismatically.
* Unabashed to express sarcasm and in-your-face realism.
* Young and prolific but wink-eyed spectators of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Translate